**I was sent this product to review and all of these thoughts are my honest feedback.**
Description: "This organic, natural product has been developed to soften dry skin and be used for pain relief on cuts and burns while reducing redness. Ouli’s Ointment also acts as a multi application beauty product with uses including smoothing fine lines under the eye, perfect for chapped lips, and as a barrier under makeup to create a healthy glow. It even tames flyaway hairs.
Ouli’s Ointment is an indispensable part of any makeup artist’s kit and can be enjoyed by everyone as an essential component for everyday skincare." -http://www.oulis-ointment.com/
Ingredients: Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil*, Cera Alba (beeswax)*, Anthemis Nobilis (chamomile) Flower Oil*, Tocopherol, D-limonene, Linanool, Geraniol
How To Use:
(Taken straight from the Ouli blog)
- "Dry skin; Depending on how much time you have, warm up a pea sized amount of Ouli's in your hands and massage with upward strokes on décolletage and face or if you have a few minutes to spare follow with a warm wet cloth and allow the chamomile scent to do its job and relax. Finish by gently patting with a dry cloth. This will leave skin glowing, the mind relaxed and the perfect makeup base"
- "Dehydrated lips or under eyes; Apply a layer of Ouli's on lips or under eyes before commencing the full face so as to hydrate before it's time for lipstick "
- "Disheveled brows; Tame those beautiful brows with a sweep of Ouli's either using your fingers or a disposable mascara wand to brush hairs upwards"
- "Add texture; Warm up some Ouli's between your fingers and pat onto cheekbones and bridge of nose to add a sheen to a finished face or on eyelids to create a glossy look"
- "Last but not least you can use your Ouli's to freshen up cuticles, elbows or perfect a sleek hair look without a tacky, greasy finish" -Stephanie G-M (Founder of Ouli's Ointment)
Scent? Like olives and olive oil! Olive oil tends to smell a little more savory, this is more subtle.
Texture? A nice light balm. It's balmy not greasy.
Length of use? Since late June. The 50 ml tin lasted until beginning of August.
My Experience: I tried the warm washcloth technique on my face and I swear, my skin had never felt that soft. I put it on my lips, under my eyes, my hands and around my nose. It did well in all of those places. My hands get so dry, especially my knuckles and this stuff softens them no problem. My cuticles love it too. I didn't get to test it on any bug bites, cuts or burns so I can't speak to that (luckily). But my favorite way to use this balm is straight out of the shower. I tend to take hot showers so when I come out my skin is very dry and in desperate need of hydration. This balm does a fantastic job at putting the moisture back in and it leaves my skin feeling velvety. You need to work it in a bit, but once it's absorbed the results are wonderful and your muscles will thank you for the quick massage. I like it much more than using a body oil because I don't like feeling greasy and it absorbs really nicely. I went through phases with different body oils for after shower hydration. I tried coconut oil, cocoa butter (like the raw blocks you get for cooking), argan oil, marula oil and the entire Bali Body line and to be honest; Ouli's leaves my skin feeling softer and lovelier than all of the above did. There have been days where I didn't have the time to rub it in completely and it still didn't leave me feeling greasy. I also love using it pre-moisturizer when I need that extra boost of hydration.
Overall: This balm is great at softening and moisturizing your skin. It's a rockstar on my bod, face and hands. It absorbs well and doesn't leave any greasiness or tackiness behind. If you aren't a fan of olives, then this isn't for you. If you are a fan of olives or at least don't mind them and are looking for an all purpose moisturizing balm then give this a go. It's softness in a tin.
All Purpose Healing Balm 50ml $27 USD
I'm also excited to announce a CleanBeautyRitual exclusive promo code: social20
It's valid till August 15th, 17' and gives you 20% off when you redeem it on the Ouli's site
(I am not affiliated or an affiliate with Ouli's Ointment, just supporting a brand and balm I truly like!)